Dart is getting popular as you can play this game at home, office, parties, and bars as well. This can be played almost everywhere, easy to carry. The game helps you improve hand-eye coordination and inspire sportsmanship. You can go with the simple dartboard set and play darts to be stress-free during hectic office hours. The game also helps kids rehearse mental math. For its multidimensional benefits, if you are planning to buy one and searching for the best, this is the article that can help you.
- Top 10 Best Dart Boards
- 1. Viper Shot King Regulation Bristle Steel Tip Dartboard Set
- 2. TG Champion Tournament Bristle Dartboard
- 3. Viper Hideaway Cabinet & Steel-Tip Dartboard
- 4. WIN.MAX Electronic Dart Board
- 5. Rabosky Magnetic Dart Board for Kids
- 6. EastPoint Sports Belmont Bristle Dartboard
- 7. IgnatGames Professional Dart Board Set
- 8. Biange Electronic Dart Board
- 9. Arachnid Cricket Pro 650 Standing Electronic Dartboard
- 10. Barrington Collection Bristle Dartboard Cabinet Set
- How to Choose the Best Dart Boards
- Material of dartboard:
- Dart head and balance:
Top 10 Best Dart Boards
1. Viper Shot King Regulation Bristle Steel Tip Dartboard Set
The Viper Shot King dartboard is a staple-free bulls-eye that helps reduce bounce-outs. It’s constructed from sisal bristle fibers compressed together for more durability. The thin wired spider allows darts to slide off the spider and land in the target area. It is an official tournament size dartboard, measuring 18″ in diameter and 1.5″ D. A movable number ring further extends the dartboard’s life. Includes 2 complete sets of steel tip darts (6 total) and mounting hardware.
- Product Dimensions: 19 x 3 x 20 inches
- Weight: 10 pounds
- Number of Darts: 6
- Removable number ring
- Simple but effective hardware for hanging.
- Nice color saturation and contrast.
- Darts are evenly weighted.
- Removable number ring allows us to rotate the dartboard.
- Poor quality self-healing sisals
- Smell of the board
2. TG Champion Tournament Bristle Dartboard
The fiber of the TG Champion Tournament Bristle Dartboard delivers a good stick for steel-tip darts. This board features self-healing technology and an enhanced spider wire dividing system provides more target scoring coverage and fewer bounce-outs.
- Board Size: 18” diameter, 1.60” depth
- Bristle construction
- Includes wall mounting hardware
- Item Weight: 5.6 pounds
- Staple-Free Bull’s Eye
- Slim Wire Spider
- Self-Healing Sisal Fibers
- Cross-Compatible Board
- Vibrant colors with an easy-to-read number ring scoring system
- Questionable color quality
3. Viper Hideaway Cabinet & Steel-Tip Dartboard
Viper by GLD is a renowned brand for indoor games equipment seller. The Viper Hideaway Cabinet & Steel-Tip Dart Board Set includes cabinet, dartboard, and two sets of starter darts; also includes easy to use mounting hardware for quick installation.
- Product Dimensions: 21 x 2.1 x 21.5 inches
- Weight: 12.8 pounds
- Bright colors on the number and board.
- Attractive matte black finish.
- Highly visible numbers.
- Two sets of darts.
- Poor quality darts, darts barely stick thru.
- Big holes open up from playing regularly.
4. WIN.MAX Electronic Dart Board
Win. Max electronic dartboard provides you an opportunity to play 21 different games with 65 variations. The bright LCD display scoreboard keeps you updated with your score. Other than this you will be hearing your score constantly as it has a voice announcer feature. Balanced Darts will fly smoothly and give you a professional game feel.
- Dimension: 20” x 17” x 1”
- Outer diameter:16.5”
- Inner diameter: 13.8”
- Thickness: 1.06”
- Weight: 3.4lb
- The board keeps score for you and announces each player.
- 21 different games can be played
- Playable with both AC and DC facilities.
- Lightweight, easy to hang
- Balanced weight for the darts fly smooth
- The voice cannot be turned off. Feature of muting the voice will be useful to play at night. And who likes silence.
- No volume up or down button either.
5. Rabosky Magnetic Dart Board for Kids
Rabosky provides you 12 darts in the package where most packages include 6. It’s a magnetic dartboard; a perfect match for beginners. It’s a safe gameplay option for kids as well with its blunt magnetic darts. Clearly visible points and has an automated score counter.
- Dimensions: 16.9 x 17.7 x 1.5 inches
- Weight: 1.6 pounds
- Magnetic darts and boards
- Dozen Darts included
- Magnetic Darts
- Dual Sided Board to Play On
- 12 darts in the package
- No holes needed on the wall
- Comparatively small than regular size dartboard
- Off balanced darts; darts slide down if hit wrong.
6. EastPoint Sports Belmont Bristle Dartboard
The EastPoint Sports Belmont Bristle Dartboard and Cabinet easily mounts on the wall. You can turn your room into a game room with this ultimate addition to your home. This Dartboard is capable of self-healing after darts are removed and includes a staple-free bullseye to reduce darts from bouncing out. The package comes with all the accessories you may need.
- Dimensions : 18 inch x 1.5 inch
- 6 steel tip darts
- 2 pieces of chalk, 2 chalk scoreboards, 1 eraser
- 1 easy hang wall template and dart holders
- self-healing sisals
- Easy to mount on wall
- Staple free bullseye
- Strong steel spider
- Poor Quality darts
- Questionable self-healing process
7. IgnatGames Professional Dart Board Set
IgnatGames official sized professional dartboard set is made for the professionals. But it’s within the price range that beginners may also keep an eye on it. The outside frame of the board is movable, so highly hit areas can be rotated for the longevity of the board. Scoring is easy with the entirely staple-free wire system and it increases the scoring area by up to 15%. The ultra-slim segmentation system is 65% thinner than the conventional round wire system, further increasing the scoring area.
- Product Dimensions: 18 x 18 x 1.7 inches
- Shipping Weight: 11 pounds
- Easy to install
- Moveable, rotatable
- Value for money product
- Darts often loses its grip
- Unclear numbers color
8. Biange Electronic Dart Board
If you are short of your companions, you can even play against the computer with this device as this board has computer players installed. Standard size dartboard with AC/DC feature. 6 premium soft darts included with the board. Other than this, you will be able to play 27 different games with it.
- Product Size: 17.32*19.88*1.26 inches
- Target area: 13.5 inches
- Power Supply: AC adapter or 4 AA batteries(not included)
- Game: 27 games and 243 options
- Player: Up to 16
- Display: 4 LED displays
- Weight: 3.75 lbs
- Computer Players: Yes
- Handicap: Yes
- Shows 4 player scores simultaneously
- LED displays for games
- Single & double in/out features
- Built-in dart storage
- Comes with 6 premium quality soft darts
- Very lightweight
9. Arachnid Cricket Pro 650 Standing Electronic Dartboard
Micro-thin segment dividers dramatically reduce bounce-outs while the Nylon Tough segments improve playability and durability
- Dimensions: 51.8 x 26.5 x 5.5 inches
- Weight: 75 pounds
- Darts: 6 pcs
- Target area: 15.5 inches
- Volume can be adjusted
- Good looking
- Auto score count system
- Difficult to set up as there is no instruction manual.
- Flimsy cabinet, made of cheap boards.
10. Barrington Collection Bristle Dartboard Cabinet Set
It’s a complete set, there is no need to look for additional accessories to start using this set. You will get all the accessories and mounting hardware required for a regulation dartboard match including a wall mounting bracket, 6 steel tip darts and flights, scoreboard and 1 marker. It’s very easy to assemble and the installation guide helps a lot. Battery operated but the cabinet is a premium quality.
- Product Dimensions: 25.6 x 25.6 x 4.8 inches
- Weight: 27.1 pounds
- Darts in package: 6
- Easy to Assemble
- Premium Quality Cabinet
- Professional Dartboard Size and Mechanism
- Battery operated
- Staple free self-healing bulls eye
- Dry erase scoreboard; the present one leaves residue even after wiping it off.
- Poor quality darts.
- Smell can be improved.
How to Choose the Best Dart Boards
When it comes to the question of how to choose the best from a numerous number of models, you need to consider the following features:
Material of dartboard:
you will find quite a few different materials used in the dartboard. Here are the major materials used
Cork Dart Boards:
You may have heard this name many times. Marketers call the American Dartboard a cork dartboard. Actual cork dartboards are rare, and they are not so durable as well because they lack self-healing ability.
Magnetic Dart Boards:
Professionals may not like this concept, but this is a good dartboard for beginners. Unlike other darts, these darts use the flat tip and the board has a magnet in it. These dartboards are great for parties where people usually get a bit drunk, so there won’t be any accidental incidents involving the darts.
Wooden Dart Boards:
This kind of dartboard is rarely found. It also lacks self-healing features. Wooden dartboards are mostly used as decoration items rather than playing the game.
Bristle Dart Boards:
The standard dartboard for most major and minor darts tournaments. The most commonly used dartboard. This board is made with thousands of bristles stuffed into a cylinder shape. It’s a complicated process though but costs very less.
Electronic Dart Boards:
One of the latest technologies in the dart game is an electronic dartboard. The main benefit of the electronic dartboard is its automated scoreboard and multiple game playing features.
The wired ring on top of the board is called a spider. The objective of the spider is to separate each section to clearly visualize where you have hit the dart. Cheap boards have a staple spider, which is not so durable nor good looking. Slightly expensive ones feature cylindrical thin wires which are much better quality.
Dart head and balance:
Consider the quality of darts most because this is an element with which you will be playing. If the darts are not properly balanced it will fall apart before reaching the expected distance.
From the above-mentioned dartboards, you will be able to find that each of them has different features. These are the best we have found for all sorts of budgets. Apart from the budget, it’s a difficult choice to choose one. According to the features, the performance we would recommend Biange Electronic Dart Board may be the best match for you. Features like premium quality darts, self dart storage and double in and out has made this dartboard a stand out.